In the book “The Trillion Dollar IT Revolution” I describe the important role of an ITP Coach aspiring IT people to make working more enjoyable.
I discovered a wide range of statistics showing that 30 – 70% of IT projects fail. The ITP Coach Approach is the way back to the success.
Emotional intelligence should be significantly more important than one’s cognitive intelligence in achieving career success.
Ingredients for success:
- the ability to effectively read others and react appropriately;
- develop mature skills, to better understand, manage, negotiate with and lead other people;
- developing self-awareness by tuning in to true feelings, motivations, aptitudes and limitations;
- self-regulation by taking responsibility, handling change with flexibility and being open to new ideas;
- self-control by managing the one emotions effectively;
- trustworthiness by maintaining standards of honesty and integrity;
- motivation skills by constant striving to improve, aligning with goals and despite obstacles and setbacks;
- service orientation by anticipating, recognizing and meeting clients’ needs;
- sensing what others need to progress and bolstering their abilities;
- leveraging diversity by cultivating opportunities through diverse people;
- political awareness and understanding others by discerning the feelings behind the needs and wants of others;
- communication and leadership skills by sending clear messages and inspiring, guiding groups and people;
- conflict management by understanding, negotiating and resolving disagreements;
- working with others toward shared goals and creating group synergy in pursuing collective goals;
- be sensitive, mindful, attentive, respectful and tolerant – SMART 😉